Can I Recover Lost Wages from Car Insurance?

Many states require all drivers to carry minimum auto insurance policy limits that include compensation for lost wages in the event that a collision-related injury puts you out of work for a substantial period of time. Being involved in an auto accident means that you may be suffering not only physically and psychologically, but financially as well.

In many cases, insurance companies make it difficult for claimants to recover the compensation they need in a timely manner. This is because insurance companies typically wait until a fault is decided and the accident has been completely investigated by an adjuster to offer a settlement. This can mean that you may not get your lost wage compensation for weeks after your accident.

Non-work related injuries cannot be covered by work insurance. If, for example, you were injured in a car accident involving a work vehicle or driving was a part of your job duties, then workers’ compensation insurance may provide benefits for the time you need to take off of work to recover from your injuries. Unless this is the case, workers’ compensation insurance cannot pay lost wages in the event of a car accident.

If for some reason the auto insurance company is not offering to compensate you for lost wages, then you have the right to seek further legal action. If this has happened to you, contact a St. Louis car accident attorney at Goldblatt & Singer PC. One of our skilled attorneys will walk you through your case and explain the legal recourses available to you. Call today for your free case evaluation.

Free Consulation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Recent Articles